You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Process and time for uploading photos from MacBook Pro to iCloud

Hi all,

I just increased my iCloud account’s storage and enabled iCloud Photos automatic upload feature on my laptop (Mid-2012 non-retina MacBook Pro, OS 10.15.7). I have 11,500 photos and 150 videos. I keep going to iCloud.com and the Photos tab says “No Photos or Videos”. The “Upload” button is available to select but I don’t know how to navigate to my photos and I can’t select “Photos Library” to upload.

All of my documents immediately uploaded, so I’m wondering if it’s just a matter of time or if there’s something I need to do. I’ve seen references to a “status bar” but I’m not seeing one anywhere.

Thanks I’m advance for any guidance!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 11:48 AM

Greetings Snoopybaron1,

Once you enable iCloud Photos, the upload process is automatic, and may take some time to complete. You can learn more here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies

Process and time for uploading photos from MacBook Pro to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.