You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music interruptions when using Airplay

Hello,

Whenever I play Apple Music to AppleTV using Airplay on my iPhone 13pro, I get constant interruptions from other apps and even phone calls. The other apps (Facebook, most notably), totally take over the sound, and Apple Music stops playing. I cannot find an easy fix for this. I thought Airplay was supposed to prevent this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 10:15 PM

Nevermind, I figured out that on the AppleTv that I use to play through my whole home audio, I am using a 3rd gen AppleTv, which apparently is not compatible with AirPlay2, which apparently solves all my problems. I tested it on a newer AppleTv that is connected to my bedroom TV only, and it works fine. I'll have to upgrade.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 10:15 PM in response to mboss310

Nevermind, I figured out that on the AppleTv that I use to play through my whole home audio, I am using a 3rd gen AppleTv, which apparently is not compatible with AirPlay2, which apparently solves all my problems. I tested it on a newer AppleTv that is connected to my bedroom TV only, and it works fine. I'll have to upgrade.

Apple Music interruptions when using Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.