You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please can I do to maintain my battery health

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 10:37 AM

Hey there,

See ☞ If you see 'Your iPhone battery may need to be serviced' - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

See ☞ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

~

See ☞ iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2022 10:37 AM in response to Patrickdonkor19

Hey there,

See ☞ If you see 'Your iPhone battery may need to be serviced' - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time a device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. One factor affecting battery life and lifespan is the mix of things you do with your device. No matter how you use it, there are ways to help. A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep iPhone half-charged when it’s stored for the long term. Also avoid charging or leaving iPhone in hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time.

See ☞ iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

~

See ☞ iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

May 26, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Patrickdonkor19

Batteries will wear over time, this is perfectly normal. Replace the battery when it gets down to 80%

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

IMO, a couple of 'best practices' you could adopt would be to plug your phone in every night and leave it plugged in, make sure optimized charging is turned on, charge when it gets down to 20% or so

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.