You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

0 Bytes in Airdrop Files

I used airdrop to copy photos from my iPhone 13 Pro Max ( 15.4.1 ) to my iMac (OS 12.2 Monterey). I still have the photos on my phone, but the transferred photos and movies all have 0 bytes on my Mac and are will not open in Quicktime, and Photoshop or Preview. I don't see previews in Bridge, only generic Icons with 0 Bytes.

I can transfer them to my MacBook Air by airdrop and it works.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 27, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 11:52 AM

I tried multiple times to send. I kept the phone awake while they were sending.I watched the little blue circle go around. Went they were sent, they were all 0 Bytes, nothing would open them, After several tries, I realized I hadn't done the basic thing to do: restart the phone. I did a restart and then it solved the problem. Thanks for your time.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2022 11:52 AM in response to BrianK90

I tried multiple times to send. I kept the phone awake while they were sending.I watched the little blue circle go around. Went they were sent, they were all 0 Bytes, nothing would open them, After several tries, I realized I hadn't done the basic thing to do: restart the phone. I did a restart and then it solved the problem. Thanks for your time.

May 28, 2022 11:23 AM in response to esanoche

Hey esanoche,

What exactly happens when you try to open the photos on your Mac? Do you receive an error? If yes, what error do you get? The more information you can provide us, the better we can assist you.

Did you try this multiple times? The AirDrop transfer might've failed the first try, so we want make sure you try it again.

We're looking forward to your response!

Best regards.

0 Bytes in Airdrop Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.