You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Music to Apple Music issue

Why am I paying Apple $10.49 a month for songs that I had added to Google Music when it was around? I have not downloaded anything from Apple Music. And I have also transferred some songs from my CDs to Apple Music. Again why am I paying $10.49 a month?

Posted on May 27, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 1:24 PM

Sunshine,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing..... If you used Google Play Music to purchase tracks, they are in MP3/320 format and can be added to your iTunes/Music library That assumes you still have the files. (Also, please make sure you have a backup, since the store is defunct and there is no longer the ability to re-download.)

So if that is what you are trying to play, no subscription is required. If you want access to other 75 million tracks in the Apple Music streaming catalog, you can consider a subscription.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Sunshine411

Sunshine,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing..... If you used Google Play Music to purchase tracks, they are in MP3/320 format and can be added to your iTunes/Music library That assumes you still have the files. (Also, please make sure you have a backup, since the store is defunct and there is no longer the ability to re-download.)

So if that is what you are trying to play, no subscription is required. If you want access to other 75 million tracks in the Apple Music streaming catalog, you can consider a subscription.

Google Music to Apple Music issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.