You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone still say it needs to be backed up in my storage if I backed my phone up?

How can I get the backup out my phone storage?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 27, 2022 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:03 PM

It is, in fact, standard procedure to backup you iPhone at least once a day. That way if your iPhone gets lost, stolen, or damaged you have a backup that can restore your iPhone to its most recent state.

If you really want to, you can delete a backup. See the 'View and manage iCloud backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch' section in:

View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2022 2:03 PM in response to antalana

It is, in fact, standard procedure to backup you iPhone at least once a day. That way if your iPhone gets lost, stolen, or damaged you have a backup that can restore your iPhone to its most recent state.

If you really want to, you can delete a backup. See the 'View and manage iCloud backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch' section in:

View and manage iCloud device backups - Apple Support

Why does my phone still say it needs to be backed up in my storage if I backed my phone up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.