You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you do if it tells you that you have the latest version of itunes, but yet it tells you that you need the latest version to install the update?

What do you do if itunes on my PC tells you that you have the latest version of itunes, but yet the update prompts tells you that you need the latest version to install the update, when you are updating in itunes?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 9:19 AM

Which exact version of Windows is your PC running? Your tag line indicates that it is Windows 6?

The support article you arrived here from provides you with the steps required to download the latest version of iTunes for your PC.

5 replies

May 29, 2022 1:30 PM in response to WENDYLU52

I'm having this same problem... Windows 8.1

Trying to update an old iphone 6 to IOS 15.5.., not quite enough space. Itunes on PC is up to date with version 12.10.11

iTunes on phone seems to be up to date, so I'm not sure why I get this same message.

I'm clicking Download and Update in iTunes and popup says "To update your iPhone to iOS 15.5, you need to install the latest version of iTunes

What do you do if it tells you that you have the latest version of itunes, but yet it tells you that you need the latest version to install the update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.