You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go To Media and back again?

I was working in iMovie and accidentally triggered the Go to Media view, a handy and larger view for more precise cropping of video and making other edits. This command is triggered with an odd (to me) keyboard command--hitting the "1" key on the numeric keypad (it doesn't work using the "1" key on the main keyboard). My question is, how do I get out of this screen and see the timeline again? The command is not a toggle, so hitting numeric-1 again does not take you back to the previous view. The only way I can get out is hitting numeric-2 and going to the projects view, where I then have two re-open my project (and lose my place).

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2022 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 1:52 PM

I don't see any other way of doing it other than using the 1 and 2 keys like you have done. Once you exit out of a project, you must go back to the project browser screen to reopen it by clicking on the project's icon.

-- Rich

1 reply

Go To Media and back again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.