You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcpx playback fuzzy

Hi folks;

I just got a 2021 M1 Max MacBook Pro all maxed out except storage (went with 2TB), and I am using FCPX for video editing. Most everything seems to be working fine; most of my PFS and MVFX plugins work, and those that don't seem to work in Rosetta mode. My issue is that my playback is somewhat fuzzy in the browser when viewing my footage. All shot in 4K, and all looks great when paused, but during playback it's soft. NOT using any proxy clips! The saved (shared) video looks perfect as well, so I know nothing is wrong with the software or the computer, and it must be a setting that I can't find.

Anyone have any idea what I need to change so that I'm seeing best quality playback when editing?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 29, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 3:08 PM

Check the Viewer Playback Quality settings:

Control playback quality in Final Cut Pro – Apple Support (AU)

Al

Similar questions

7 replies

fcpx playback fuzzy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.