You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro unable to complete boot sequence

After requesting several times that "accountsD" wanted access to my password keys, my 2013 13" Macbook Pro went into Startup mode and would flash the screen twice, then begin the Restart again. I can't get it finish the Start Up.

How do I get it to finish the Start-Up, and not loop back to another sign-on?

I understand also, that I will have to do something with the "accountsD" request (I thought I was being hacked), but I'm not sure of what to do there yet either... should I get another chance.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 29, 2022 10:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 5:28 PM

Hello MacDaddy027,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with starting up your Mac. If you have followed the steps in the related article at the top of the page, we recommend following the last step:

"If you continue to experience unexpected restarts, contact Apple Support."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2022 5:28 PM in response to MacDaddy027

Hello MacDaddy027,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with starting up your Mac. If you have followed the steps in the related article at the top of the page, we recommend following the last step:

"If you continue to experience unexpected restarts, contact Apple Support."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

May 31, 2022 10:43 PM in response to K_Faith

Sorry, apparently clicking on "Helpful" does not allow you to choose "Not Helpful", and clicking "Solved this Problem" does not allow you to choose "Did Not Solve the Problem". To be clear, this has NOT been helpful or Solved my issue yet and my issue will require more help... and there isn't an Apple Store in all of New Zealand, so no I have no access to Apple Geniuses... at least not in person.

Frankly I didn't understand what K_Faith was asking me to do. I haven't recently installed RAM or any peripherals or any 3rd Party Software. The only thing I did was allow an OS update within the last couple days. When my Macbook Pro started demanding access to Security Keys, I dismissed the request about 10 times and thought someone had gotten through a firewall and was trying to hack my computer! I didn't know what (who) "accountsD" was, or that I should have granted permission. Eventually the computer went into an unending cycle trying to reboot, but could not complete the sequence. It would do the standard request for my boot-up password, and then flash the screen a few moments into the re-boot sequence, and then it would go to a black-screen (off I expect), and restart the boot sequence by prompting me for my password. This would happen a dozen times before I would give up.

I've already put in my order for a NEW MacBook Pro, but I'm told it won't arrive until the end of July... in the meantime, I'd love to get my old MacBook Pro up and running for at least a bit longer. HELP!!!

MacBook Pro unable to complete boot sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.