You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 how to set voicemail default greeting

Hello,

A number of years ago, I set up a custom voicemail greeting on my iPhone and I now want to change it back to the default one (the one that says something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but the number you have called is unavailable. Please leave a message"). I have selected the "default" voicemail setting in the Phone app, but it still plays my custom voicemail recording whenever I call my number using another cell phone.

How can I change the settings to that the default greeting is the one that plays? Do I have to contact my cell phone provider?

I have an iPhone 13 with iOS 15.5.

Thanks.

Posted on May 30, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 10:00 AM

After you have changed the setting to Default, did you restart the iPhone? Try that. It needs to make the change with the voicemail server at your carrier. If that restart does not do the trick, then yes, contact your carrier. Voicemail is a carrier function and the voicemail servers are theirs. The should be able to reset your voicemail.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2022 10:00 AM in response to porkchop8902

After you have changed the setting to Default, did you restart the iPhone? Try that. It needs to make the change with the voicemail server at your carrier. If that restart does not do the trick, then yes, contact your carrier. Voicemail is a carrier function and the voicemail servers are theirs. The should be able to reset your voicemail.

iPhone 13 how to set voicemail default greeting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.