You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can see my Pages documents in a window my Mac but I cannot open them

I can see my Pages documents when I choose "show in window" on my Mac but I cannot open them. how can I access them?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 30, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 2:07 PM

The normal procedure for opening a Pages document from the Finder is: 1) double-click it, 2) control-click on the icon and choose Open With > Pages, or 3) drag and drop the document icon onto the Pages application icon in the Dock. Pages documents can only be opened by the Pages application and nothing else.

Select Apple () menu -> About This Mac, and from that panel, what version of macOS are you using? Click once on the Pages icon in your Applications folder and then press option+cmd+i and what version is shown?

Your choosing "show in window" lacks context, so I don't know how you are arriving at that.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2022 2:07 PM in response to katherine afromKillaloe

The normal procedure for opening a Pages document from the Finder is: 1) double-click it, 2) control-click on the icon and choose Open With > Pages, or 3) drag and drop the document icon onto the Pages application icon in the Dock. Pages documents can only be opened by the Pages application and nothing else.

Select Apple () menu -> About This Mac, and from that panel, what version of macOS are you using? Click once on the Pages icon in your Applications folder and then press option+cmd+i and what version is shown?

Your choosing "show in window" lacks context, so I don't know how you are arriving at that.

I can see my Pages documents in a window my Mac but I cannot open them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.