You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Word v16.61 not working right with Apple Monterey 12.4

Anyone solve the Microsoft Word v 16.61 problems with Apple Monterey 12.4? Document screen goes blank, sometimes, reappears, cursor location inserts elsewhere, scroll function fails. Problems occur

with a large document (180 pp). Most other apps closed. Not problems with other apps, just Microsoft Word. I haven't seen problems with Word like this in over a decade.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:04 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2022 9:51 PM in response to Todd Burger

If the issue is only with Word, perhaps a removal and reinstall of Office will resolve it. I think what you are seeing is uncommon, we have thousands of Macs at work on Monterey 12.4 and all of them have the latest MS-Office installed, everyone is using Word at this company. I have not heard of any such behaviors with people using Word at this work site, so that leads me to think that your specific installation maybe needs to be redone cleanly for some reason. If indeed it is only Word exhibiting this behavior.

Microsoft Word v16.61 not working right with Apple Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.