You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music library

When I restart my computer, my iTunes is on Apple Music, which I have not subscribed to, and I cannot access my music library. How can I access my music library?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:41 AM

With the release of macOS Catalina a few years ago, the iTunes app became the Music app and was also split into the TV, Books and Podcasts apps. Apple's Music app does not require a subscription to access if you have no interest in purchasing or streaming music from the Apple catalog.

I think you just need to direct your Music app to your previous iTunes music library.

For guidance about how to do that, please see:

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2022 9:41 AM in response to MyMusicLibraryCompilation

With the release of macOS Catalina a few years ago, the iTunes app became the Music app and was also split into the TV, Books and Podcasts apps. Apple's Music app does not require a subscription to access if you have no interest in purchasing or streaming music from the Apple catalog.

I think you just need to direct your Music app to your previous iTunes music library.

For guidance about how to do that, please see:

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

My music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.