You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple asking me to pay for software I have already paid for.

I purchased “Crestron” home automation software from the appstore and paid £99. I recently changed my iPad to a newer version. All the software was restored from cloud backup , including crestron but I soon Found that the crestron software would not work.. it will just not load and loops showing “loading”. I contacted Crestron who say that the “old” crestron software is probably not compatible with newer versions of iPads and wash their hands and said it’s apple’s fault, I checked out the new version of the crestron software and the App Store wants to charge me £90 to download. This is grossly unfair. Is there anything I can do about this? Views /comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 9:58 AM

Unless you have changed your Apple ID when you got your new iPad, your beef is with Creston. Apple doesn't own, nor control Creston. Now, if you changed your Apple ID, apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under. This would require you to buy an app you may have previously paid for. But it seems that Creston may have abandoned the App you were using and are expecting you pay for a new App. If that is the case, complain to Creston.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Pafitis

Unless you have changed your Apple ID when you got your new iPad, your beef is with Creston. Apple doesn't own, nor control Creston. Now, if you changed your Apple ID, apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under. This would require you to buy an app you may have previously paid for. But it seems that Creston may have abandoned the App you were using and are expecting you pay for a new App. If that is the case, complain to Creston.

Apple asking me to pay for software I have already paid for.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.