You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Siri not working via iPhone

My Apple Watch is connected to my iPhone, but when I use Siri it always says it has trouble connecting if my WiFi is off on the Apple Watch, or if my Watch is away from WiFi (but still connected to my iPhone which is connected to the internet). Any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 11:53 AM

Hi Bucket8922,

"To use Siri, Apple Watch must be connected to the internet. Cellular charges may apply." If you haven't already unpaired the Apple Watch and set it up again, let's go ahead and perform this step now:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service.

Best Regards.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2022 11:53 AM in response to Bucket8922

Hi Bucket8922,

"To use Siri, Apple Watch must be connected to the internet. Cellular charges may apply." If you haven't already unpaired the Apple Watch and set it up again, let's go ahead and perform this step now:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, Contact Apple for support and service.

Best Regards.

Jun 2, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Bucket8922

Hi Bucket8922,

Let's see how we can help getting Siri to work with your Apple Watch when you need it. While your iPhone may be showing connected, it will need to be close by to use the cellular service.

Take a look at what the Apple Watch can do when the iPhone is not close by in Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone.

This should help with knowing what can and can't be done without the paired iPhone. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach back out.

Have a great day!

Apple Watch Siri not working via iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.