You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally spilled coffee on my MacBook Air keyboard, any advice?

I accidentally spilled coffee on my macbook air 2020 keyboard, any advice?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 2:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 2:48 AM

Hi,

First of all, you must power off your MacBook Air as soon as possible, then upside down the keyboard on the towel for a while.

And call Apple support to tell them about circumstance you face right now. You would need to make Genius Bar reservation or take your MacBook Air to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

You should remember that liquid damage to Mac computers and accessories not covered by warranty.

Liquid damage to Mac computers and accessories not covered by warranty - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2022 2:48 AM in response to macbookaircoffee

Hi,

First of all, you must power off your MacBook Air as soon as possible, then upside down the keyboard on the towel for a while.

And call Apple support to tell them about circumstance you face right now. You would need to make Genius Bar reservation or take your MacBook Air to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

You should remember that liquid damage to Mac computers and accessories not covered by warranty.

Liquid damage to Mac computers and accessories not covered by warranty - Apple Support

I accidentally spilled coffee on my MacBook Air keyboard, any advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.