You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with Sony FX9 S-Log files in FCPX

Hi,

I am using FCPX 10.4.8 and having trouble working with the footage shot in Sony S-Log3 on the Sony FX9.

FCPX is automatically adjusting the colour (or adding a LUT) to the S-Log footage from the Sony FX9 when importing. This is not wanted.

I have footage from 2 cameras: The Sony FX3 and the Sony FX9

I have a mixture of footage shot in both S-Cinetone and S-Log from both cameras.

There is no problems with the S-Log footage from the Sony FX3 camera. It imports the ungraded S-Log footage without making any changes.

I have tried importing the raw files via FCP as well as importing transcoded files via Catalyst browse and also directly from the camera's card and each time I get the same result.

I need the files from the Sony FX9 to remain in S-Log to be able to do a colour grade in FCPX

Has anybody else had this problem or know how to resolve this?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:12 AM

Change the metada view in the Info Inspector to General; look for Camera LUT and choose None.

You can do this for multiple clips at once.

Similar questions

2 replies

Working with Sony FX9 S-Log files in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.