You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I protect my Apple ID after I give away iPhone

I gave away Apple iPhone I do not use I completely erased it and turned off find my phone. Make sure all my devices were off And not available when the phone was set up

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 11:34 AM

Then you should not need to do anything else. If yo completely erased it, the process would have removed your Apple ID from the iPhone.

As long as it no longer shows up in your device list, then your Apple ID is no longer attached to it in any way and would be safe.

Link-> Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2022 11:34 AM in response to Hollywood00

Then you should not need to do anything else. If yo completely erased it, the process would have removed your Apple ID from the iPhone.

As long as it no longer shows up in your device list, then your Apple ID is no longer attached to it in any way and would be safe.

Link-> Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

How do I protect my Apple ID after I give away iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.