You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart Rate not recording in runs/walks

Hello, my heart rate has stopped recording during runs/walks. I have gone into the apple watch app / workout / workout view and thn indoor run and outdoor run. under the metrics the heart rate is greyed out? any ides why and how I can get this to show agian. thank you. Kate

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 9:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 1:01 AM

If you have workout power saving mode turned on then this turns off the heart rate monitor which explains the greyed out metrics.

To turn off Workout Power Saving Mode,open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, and then tap on Workout > Power Saving Mode.

Turn the switch off this turns the heart rate monitor back on.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2022 1:01 AM in response to KatieFleets

If you have workout power saving mode turned on then this turns off the heart rate monitor which explains the greyed out metrics.

To turn off Workout Power Saving Mode,open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, and then tap on Workout > Power Saving Mode.

Turn the switch off this turns the heart rate monitor back on.

Heart Rate not recording in runs/walks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.