You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New MacBook Pro 13 M1 2020 Already out of Warranty, It's a Scam.

Hello,

I purchased a MacBook Pro 13 M1 2020 with the serial number FV****05D, which I received on 4th June 2022, I unboxed it, it is a brand new sealed packed laptop but unfortunately it shows "battery is not charging" and also it is showing "Service Recommended". I go to service center of Apple here in my city Karachi, Pakistan they checked it's warranty and told me that it's official apple warranty is finished on last month 19th May 2022, I was shocked because I purchased this machine "non active" but now the status shows "Out Of Warranty". Now I am very stressed that I should I do because the shopkeeper said to me that this is not our problem we are only distributor of Apple here, they are actually a local distributor of Apple items. Kindly help me out of this problem. I attached Bill or Activation Status and Battery issue which shown on laptop.

TIA

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 6:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 9, 2022 7:16 AM in response to AreySaad

AreySaad wrote:

Hello,
I purchased a MacBook Pro 13 M1 2020 with the serial number FV****05D, which I received on 4th June 2022, I unboxed it, it is a brand new sealed packed laptop but unfortunately it shows "battery is not charging" and also it is showing "Service Recommended". I go to service center of Apple here in my city Karachi, Pakistan they checked it's warranty and told me that it's official apple warranty is finished on last month 19th May 2022, I was shocked because I purchased this machine "non active" but now the status shows "Out Of Warranty". Now I am very stressed that I should I do because the shopkeeper said to me that this is not our problem we are only distributor of Apple here, they are actually a local distributor of Apple items. Kindly help me out of this problem. I attached Bill or Activation Status and Battery issue which shown on laptop.
TIA
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/e33e0b82-8cdf-4099-94c8-c176b496db47

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Something does not add up here... by default on a brand new purchase you have a 1 yr warranty.

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Jun 9, 2022 6:56 AM in response to AreySaad

The serial number says that was made in April 2021. Your ire should be directed at the reseller, not Apple.

Apple are not here--this is a community of end users and posting here accomplishes nothing toward resolving this.

If you think you need to get Apple involved, go to your country's version of the Apple home page, scroll to the bottom, and click the "Contact Apple" link. If available it will show the nearest Apple corporate office.

Brand New MacBook Pro 13 M1 2020 Already out of Warranty, It's a Scam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.