You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app won't link up episodes under same season

I was recently adding in my downloaded episodes of Stranger Things to the Apple TV app when I came across this problem. The episodes are showing up under the same series but thinks each episode is under different seasons all called season one. I have modified the metadata multiple times but can't get it to fix.

Here I have a screenshot of the metadata I have included. I have tried with and without the TV Episode ID. I tried editing the metadata within the Apple TV app incase it wasn't reading it right, but nothing is working.

If there is anything I am missing, please let me know cause I can't find this same problem on the web anywhere.

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 8:15 PM

Also add an Album tag, with value “Show name, Season 1”, “Show name, Season 2”, etc. Fill in the intended show name, as applicable. Without the quote characters. Then it should sort under the correct grouped season. I don’t think this tag is editable within the TV app itself, so you’ll need a third party tool.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2022 8:15 PM in response to Joshualweber

Also add an Album tag, with value “Show name, Season 1”, “Show name, Season 2”, etc. Fill in the intended show name, as applicable. Without the quote characters. Then it should sort under the correct grouped season. I don’t think this tag is editable within the TV app itself, so you’ll need a third party tool.

Apple TV app won't link up episodes under same season

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.