You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After changing my region, i have lost all the songs which i had in my library. is there anyway that i can get my old playlist back?

I am from Sri Lanka. Recently I located to Canada so I had to change my region/country in the apple store. After doing that the songs which I had in my library disappeared. Is there anyway that I can get my playlist back on itunes?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 1:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Hello Gayanfernando94,

If you are a member of Apple Music, then before you changed regions you would have had to cancel that subscription. Canceling a subscriptions does mean that the data associated with that subscription is deleted also.

If these are purchases you made from iTunes, then you should be able to download them following these steps:

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
• On your iPhone or iPod touch: At the bottom of your screen, tap More More button, then tap Purchased. 
• On your iPad: Tap Purchased.
2. Tap Music. If you use Family Sharing, tap a family member’s name to see music that they purchased.
3. Find the music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
4. Tap the download button Download button next to a song or album.

Don't see the music that you purchased?

These steps and more information is available at: Redownload music - Apple Support

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Gayanfernando94

Hello Gayanfernando94,

If you are a member of Apple Music, then before you changed regions you would have had to cancel that subscription. Canceling a subscriptions does mean that the data associated with that subscription is deleted also.

If these are purchases you made from iTunes, then you should be able to download them following these steps:

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
• On your iPhone or iPod touch: At the bottom of your screen, tap More More button, then tap Purchased. 
• On your iPad: Tap Purchased.
2. Tap Music. If you use Family Sharing, tap a family member’s name to see music that they purchased.
3. Find the music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
4. Tap the download button Download button next to a song or album.

Don't see the music that you purchased?

These steps and more information is available at: Redownload music - Apple Support

Have a good day.

After changing my region, i have lost all the songs which i had in my library. is there anyway that i can get my old playlist back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.