You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In App Purchase

I purchased some gold bars from candy crush because I was struggling with the level and received a notification/email which I’ll show. I’ve done this before and didn’t receive the notification/email but just wanted to make sure it ain’t anything unusual.

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:48 PM

Looks fishy to me. I see some errors in the email itself. Apple usually addresses you with your complete name and not your first name only. Apart from that "in-App Purchase" is incorrectly typed. Apple's emails are flawless when it comes to that.

Most likey this is a phishing email. If you an attachment in the email, don't open it. Chances are, it has a link that will only open up to what appears to be a legit Apple website when it's not.

Please see these articles for guidance

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Contact - Official Apple Support for further help

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2022 7:48 PM in response to InAppPurchaseEmail

Looks fishy to me. I see some errors in the email itself. Apple usually addresses you with your complete name and not your first name only. Apart from that "in-App Purchase" is incorrectly typed. Apple's emails are flawless when it comes to that.

Most likey this is a phishing email. If you an attachment in the email, don't open it. Chances are, it has a link that will only open up to what appears to be a legit Apple website when it's not.

Please see these articles for guidance

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Contact - Official Apple Support for further help

In App Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.