You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location History

i cant open the past location log on my significant locations

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:59 AM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2022 9:49 AM in response to ChargerJoe

ChargerJoe wrote:

What? Are you saying Apple disabled my ability to view my location history on my Iphone? If so, what “apps” can I use to get this info?

From Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Significant Locations:

Allow your iPhone and iCloud Connected devices to learn places significant to you in order to provide useful location-related information in Maps, Calendar, iPhotos and more. Significant Locations are end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.

So, in order to perform the functions for which Apple intended to collect the data, it's not necessary for the end-user to be able to look at it. You can certainly let apple know you'd like a different sort of feature here:

Product Feedback - Apple

There are, I'm sure, lots of apps that will let you track your location history. I believe Google has ways of doing that if you have a Google account (I won't even begin to talk about the privacy ramifications there). An app that has been recommended by a couple of people is called Life Cycle.

Location History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.