You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not pairing

My bluetooth hasn't been pairing for some time now. Last night I upgraded my MacBook air to Monterey 12.4 and still nothing. I've learned that many people are having the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I want to pair MacBook Air with Tribit Stormbox speaker.

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 9:47 PM

Alba S Said:

"Bluetooth not pairing: My bluetooth hasn't been pairing for some time now. Last night I upgraded my MacBook air to Monterey 12.4 and still nothing. I've learned that many people are having the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix this? I want to pair MacBook Air with Tribit Stormbox speaker."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Bluetooth:

Three Things to Try:

A. Verify the Connection:

See if the speaker is even seen: 

1. Hold Down: the Option key
  2. Click: the Apple menu
  3. Select:: About this Mac...
  4. Click: System Report... button
  5. Select: Bluetooth (on the left of screen)
  6. Look For: this Speaker

B. Try Reseting the Core Audio:

Type the following command in Terminal:

sudo killall coreaudiod

C. Perform a SMC and NVRAM Reset:

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. updates) and then settings (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2022 9:47 PM in response to Alba S

Alba S Said:

"Bluetooth not pairing: My bluetooth hasn't been pairing for some time now. Last night I upgraded my MacBook air to Monterey 12.4 and still nothing. I've learned that many people are having the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix this? I want to pair MacBook Air with Tribit Stormbox speaker."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Bluetooth:

Three Things to Try:

A. Verify the Connection:

See if the speaker is even seen: 

1. Hold Down: the Option key
  2. Click: the Apple menu
  3. Select:: About this Mac...
  4. Click: System Report... button
  5. Select: Bluetooth (on the left of screen)
  6. Look For: this Speaker

B. Try Reseting the Core Audio:

Type the following command in Terminal:

sudo killall coreaudiod

C. Perform a SMC and NVRAM Reset:

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. updates) and then settings (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac.

Bluetooth not pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.