You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been trying to replace my debit card with my new one.

I need to replace my debit card with a new one.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 10:19 PM

Your question suggests that you have tried and failed to update your payment method (the debit card).

Did you follow the steps in Apple's support document Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods? At which point in this procedure did your attempt fail?

If your card number is the same you would have to change only the expiry date and the CCV security digits. You should not have to delete the existing card and establish a new card. If it is, as you have said, a new and different card then you will have to delete and add.

You might need to contact Apple Support if you cannot proceed, which is the final suggestion in the support document linked at the head of this page, which you might have viewed before posting your query.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2022 10:19 PM in response to syd69

Your question suggests that you have tried and failed to update your payment method (the debit card).

Did you follow the steps in Apple's support document Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods? At which point in this procedure did your attempt fail?

If your card number is the same you would have to change only the expiry date and the CCV security digits. You should not have to delete the existing card and establish a new card. If it is, as you have said, a new and different card then you will have to delete and add.

You might need to contact Apple Support if you cannot proceed, which is the final suggestion in the support document linked at the head of this page, which you might have viewed before posting your query.

I have been trying to replace my debit card with my new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.