You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use apple TV as a second screen without screen mirroring

Hi.

I was wondering if there is any way that you can use your Apple TV as a second screen without screen mirroring. I am currently using 2 screens, and I want to have 3. The mac I'm using doesn't let me have over 3 screens using wires, so I was wondering if there is any other way to do it wirelessly. When I try to connect to the Apple TV I'm only allowed to mirror my screen ( I can only use one screen, and all my screens get mirrored to that one screen). I find this kind of annoying when I want to use another screen, so if anyone knows how I can do it please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 9:31 AM

Try going to System Preferences->Displays->Your TV, from the Use As dropdown, select "Stop Mirroring". It should then revert to Extended desktop mode.

1 reply

How to use apple TV as a second screen without screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.