You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for 1 macbook air to have two different serial number?

The serial number on the cover is different from the one under "about this Mac". should I be worried? At one point on my iphone under Apple ID it showed two MacBook Air's logged onto my ID. I removed the one that didn't match the cover and that was before I noticed the different numbers.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 11:24 AM

Another possibility is that the logic board was replaced at some point. The replacement would have a different serial number and the tech is supposed to register the new one with Apple. I had that happen once; Apple had the technician come back (this was a repair at home) and register it properly. So, I would contact Apple and check on it.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 15, 2022 11:24 AM in response to zandile34

Another possibility is that the logic board was replaced at some point. The replacement would have a different serial number and the tech is supposed to register the new one with Apple. I had that happen once; Apple had the technician come back (this was a repair at home) and register it properly. So, I would contact Apple and check on it.

Is it possible for 1 macbook air to have two different serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.