You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture export error 1019 "could not load image" (file IMG_xxxx.HEIC)

Attempting to copy a few files, pictures taken recently from my iPhone SE, from the Photo Library to a directory on my MBP and receive the error above.  I get the same error if several or one picture is attempted.

iPhone SE (2nd gen 2020)

MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2009 running OS X El Capitan (V10.11.6)

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 16, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Ribs21

Greetings Ribs21,

Check and see if your MacBook Pro is out of storage to process the export. The following article will help you to manage the storage for your Mac:

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Alternatively, if you use iCloud Photos on your iPhone, you can download the photos from iCloud.com:

Upload and download photos using iCloud.com - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

Jun 17, 2022 4:36 PM in response to Ribs21

You need a recent version of macOS to read the .heic files natively. It is doubtful you will find a third party app compatible with macOS 10.11 which will have the ability to work with .heic files since macOS 10.11 is so old.

You can configure your iPhone/iPad to save the files as .jpg files instead of .heic files.

On the iPhone/iPad, open the Settings app and navigate to "Camera". Select "Formats" and check "Most Compatible" to save the pictures as .jpg instead of .heic.

Picture export error 1019 "could not load image" (file IMG_xxxx.HEIC)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.