You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone security does not work

I’ve noticed my phone security does not work especially with someone who has the similar characteristics like me they’re able to access my phone I have videos of this however I noticed that the performance of my phone is going very slow or doesn’t work or it times out like completely goes black when there’s new phones like the 13th for example I realize after they launch the 13th my ex has not been great performance at all I need help with this matter because it’s not fair about you guys have a new product online and now my old one doesn’t even work I have issues with my phone constant and it’s not right I want to be compensated I want a actual working phone and money issued

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 2:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 2:54 PM

If your iPhone is not performing to your requirements, or if you believe there are hardware issues, use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage and discuss that directly with the folks that work for Apple.

If Face ID is failing to distinguish people and as can happen with some few cases, revert to using the passcode.

Per Apple: The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is less than 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance whether or not you're wearing a mask. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is higher—and further increased if using Face ID with a mask—for twins and siblings that look like you, and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features might not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

If you have other concerns or issues, best take those up directly with the folks that work for Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 2:54 PM in response to zeta226

If your iPhone is not performing to your requirements, or if you believe there are hardware issues, use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage and discuss that directly with the folks that work for Apple.

If Face ID is failing to distinguish people and as can happen with some few cases, revert to using the passcode.

Per Apple: The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is less than 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance whether or not you're wearing a mask. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is higher—and further increased if using Face ID with a mask—for twins and siblings that look like you, and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features might not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

If you have other concerns or issues, best take those up directly with the folks that work for Apple.

iPhone security does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.