You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iPhone

My dad lost his phone, but doesnt have find my iPhone set up. When I try and set it up from my phone/mac it says I need to verify his phone number via a code sent to his phone. Obviously this is no help when the phone is missing. How can I find his phone?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 12:00 PM

You cannot set up or turn on Find My on a device that is not in your possession.

Try the following to verify that it is not already on. Use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find

(no two-factor code is needed when /find is used in the address)

Also see: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and if necessary, see If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support including the following:

If your missing device doesn't appear in the Find My app or at iCloud.com/find, you didn't turn on Find My. There's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you. But there are steps that you can take to help protect your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 17, 2022 12:00 PM in response to ryleigh74

You cannot set up or turn on Find My on a device that is not in your possession.

Try the following to verify that it is not already on. Use any internet browser and log into www.icloud.com/find

(no two-factor code is needed when /find is used in the address)

Also see: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

and if necessary, see If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support including the following:

If your missing device doesn't appear in the Find My app or at iCloud.com/find, you didn't turn on Find My. There's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you. But there are steps that you can take to help protect your data.

find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.