You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card "Balance seen on screen while making payment"!! - Violation of Financial privacy

Why should the person acceptign the payment or nayone around see the balance due on your card while making a payment!

This is a gross violation of my financial privacy. It is always visible when you use the Apple Card.

Can Apple fix this??

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 4:30 PM

No I dont see a statement, its just on the screen itself. I have several card in my wallet, after I click on apple card to pay, the Balance sits right below it.

7 replies

Jun 17, 2022 1:52 PM in response to nishrink

Your card does not normally display the balance when presented to a terminal (it may for a brief second until you authenticate) if you open them wallet app. If you simply present your phone to the terminal without opening wallet, it will only show the default card. Regardless, it's not a violation of anything.

Jun 20, 2022 11:51 AM in response to nishrink

You’re not understanding how to use Apple Pay when at a merchant and attempting to complete a transaction. Please review the link to the support article I posted above and added below for your convenience. You need to double click the side button on your iPhone, not access your virtual Apple Card in the Wallet App on your iPhone.

Solution: Please review this link: Make purchases using Apple Pay - Apple Support

Pay with your iPhone

1. To use your default card:
    • If your iPhone has Face ID, double-click the side button. If prompted, authenticate with Face ID or enter your passcode to open Apple Wallet.

• If your iPhone has Touch ID, double-click the Home button.

1. To use a different card, tap your default card to see your other cards. Tap a new card and authenticate.
  2. Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader until Done and a checkmark appear on the display.

Apple Card "Balance seen on screen while making payment"!! - Violation of Financial privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.