You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My cellular data won’t work

Hi! As I mentioned, my cellular data can’t work properly and when I look at it it’ll appear like this

normally it’d be like this

so, any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 4:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 4:31 AM

Be aware that the majority of Phone SIMs are not correctly provisioned for most tablet computers - and most will offer no service at all with an iPad. In most cases, you will require a DataSIM that is explicitly intended for tablet computers and Cellular Routers (also known as MiFi).

If you have added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

If your DataSIM is defective, you’ll need to contact your Cellular Service Provider for a replacement SIM - ensuring that it is correctly provisioned for use with an iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2022 4:31 AM in response to Folklorian

Be aware that the majority of Phone SIMs are not correctly provisioned for most tablet computers - and most will offer no service at all with an iPad. In most cases, you will require a DataSIM that is explicitly intended for tablet computers and Cellular Routers (also known as MiFi).

If you have added a DataSIM and Cellular plan to a WiFi+Cellular model of iPad, the number associated with the SIM card is only used to identify your account for billing purposes. This number is not used for making calls or sending messages.

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

If your DataSIM is defective, you’ll need to contact your Cellular Service Provider for a replacement SIM - ensuring that it is correctly provisioned for use with an iPad.

My cellular data won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.