You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MDS_Stores Issues (heavy load according EtreCheckPro)

Hi to all,

since a couple of weeks I have some load issues while I am rebooting my macbook pro (15" 2017). According to EtreCheck the process mds_stores uses about 239% of the CPU load. How can I solve this issue?

Attached you will find my EtreCheck Report.

For any help I would be grateful.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 1:54 PM

First you have two anti-virus apps installed. You should never have more than one anti-virus app installed at a time since they will step on each others toes.

However, you do not need any anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software on a Mac. The built-in security features of macOS combined with due diligence on your part by practicing safe computing habits is more than adequate to keep your Mac (or any computer) safe and operating properly. See this excellent article which is full of extremely useful information writen by a well respected community member:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats- Apple Community

You should uninstall both Avira and CleanMyMac by following the developers' instructions. These types of apps usually cause more problems than they solve as they interfere with the normal operation of macOS and usually cause performance issues as well. If you are still having problems after completely uninstalling both of these apps, then run EtreCheck again (with "Full Disk Access") and post the new report here so we can review it again with the updated information.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2022 1:54 PM in response to MatthiKahl

First you have two anti-virus apps installed. You should never have more than one anti-virus app installed at a time since they will step on each others toes.

However, you do not need any anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software on a Mac. The built-in security features of macOS combined with due diligence on your part by practicing safe computing habits is more than adequate to keep your Mac (or any computer) safe and operating properly. See this excellent article which is full of extremely useful information writen by a well respected community member:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats- Apple Community

You should uninstall both Avira and CleanMyMac by following the developers' instructions. These types of apps usually cause more problems than they solve as they interfere with the normal operation of macOS and usually cause performance issues as well. If you are still having problems after completely uninstalling both of these apps, then run EtreCheck again (with "Full Disk Access") and post the new report here so we can review it again with the updated information.

MDS_Stores Issues (heavy load according EtreCheckPro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.