You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 battery not charging

hi, i have an issue with my MBP M1. when i plug the charging cable to my MBP. it said battery not charging. then i tried to reboot with the charging cable plugged in. after that, the batter finaly charged. i keep doing this when i want to charge my MBP. does anyone experience this issue or anyone know the solution ? thanks in advance !

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 2:28 AM

Perhaps there may be an issue with some connector, or charging cable; or if there is an interruption in the process.

These articles cover several areas in general, may have suggestions you've not tried.. Or tried, when not needed.

• Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

• If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT204652

• Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT201585

Depending on the physical age of your product, and the chemical age of battery,

there may be a variance in performance. Keep an eye on battery life, & use-Cycles.

..The portable Mac can be left plugged-in and it will not overcharge..

The battery will not see much loss or increased cycle-count, if left on AC adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2022 2:28 AM in response to farhanrbn

Perhaps there may be an issue with some connector, or charging cable; or if there is an interruption in the process.

These articles cover several areas in general, may have suggestions you've not tried.. Or tried, when not needed.

• Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

• If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT204652

• Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT201585

Depending on the physical age of your product, and the chemical age of battery,

there may be a variance in performance. Keep an eye on battery life, & use-Cycles.

..The portable Mac can be left plugged-in and it will not overcharge..

The battery will not see much loss or increased cycle-count, if left on AC adapter.

Macbook Pro M1 battery not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.