You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Text Message Forwarding" option in iPhone Settings

Finally figured this out, so posting in case it helps someone else.

Background: My Mac and iPhone had messages synced. I got a new phone (same number), and suddenly my Mac could no longer send/receive texts. (iMessages to other Apple users were fine, but not regular texts, e.g. to Android phones.)

This Apple article had some tips. (How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support)

The tricky part was where it says, "Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices."

I tried following that, but when I tapped "Send & Receive," there was no "Use Your Apple ID" prompt. It fact, it already showed my Apple ID logged in. In very tiny blue highlighted font at the bottom. Tap that, sign out, then sign back in. That worked for me right away.

Hope it helps!

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 11:40 AM

Repeating as an answer just to keep the system happy <sigh>

This Apple article had some tips. (How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support)

The tricky part was where it says, "Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices."

I tried following that, but when I tapped "Send & Receive," there was no "Use Your Apple ID" prompt. It fact, it already showed my Apple ID logged in. In very tiny blue highlighted font at the bottom. Tap that, sign out, then sign back in. That worked for me right away.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2022 11:40 AM in response to GeoffHom

Repeating as an answer just to keep the system happy <sigh>

No "Text Message Forwarding" option in iPhone Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.