You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can’t login to macbook air

The so-called apple id for all your apple devices works on my iphone 12! watch, ipad mini 6 but when i use the same password it won’t let me log in. I thought my apple id/password would work on all my devices. Wrong! My macbook air is now useless…i can’t log in at all! Help…

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 6:58 PM

dal69 Said:

"can’t login to macbook air: The so-called apple id for all your apple devices works on my iphone 12! watch, ipad mini 6 but when i use the same password it won’t let me log in. I thought my apple id/password would work on all my devices. Wrong! My macbook air is now useless…i can’t log in at all! Help…"

-------

Are you stuck at the user Login Screen? If so, perform the following....

Try Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.  Does that fix this?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2022 6:58 PM in response to dal69

dal69 Said:

"can’t login to macbook air: The so-called apple id for all your apple devices works on my iphone 12! watch, ipad mini 6 but when i use the same password it won’t let me log in. I thought my apple id/password would work on all my devices. Wrong! My macbook air is now useless…i can’t log in at all! Help…"

-------

Are you stuck at the user Login Screen? If so, perform the following....

Try Resetting your Mac Login Password:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it.  Does that fix this?

can’t login to macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.