You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop remote unauthorized access to my iphone?

How do I stop unwanted remote control of my phone?

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:56 AM

If you think your Apple ID is compromised, use these steps to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. ... 
  2. Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account.

More items...

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2022 11:56 AM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

If you think your Apple ID is compromised, use these steps to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. ... 
  2. Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account.

More items...

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

Jun 20, 2022 12:52 PM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

It is not possible to remote control your iPhone unless it was physically hacked by someone who had possession of it for a half hour or more while it was unlocked.

If this did happen restore it to factory settings and set it up as a new phone→Restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support. Do not restore a backup.

Jun 20, 2022 12:56 PM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

StopRemoteControlofIphone wrote:

1) I have seen them take control of my iphone 12 and attempt to switch apps.
2) I have seen them type on my keyboard, mostly to interrupt my typing.
3) Last night they typed “Me CCP” followed by giberrish.

If this only happens when connected to a charging cable, that indicates a faulty cable.

If it happens whether or not it’s plugged in, that’s symptomatic of a failing touch screen. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar and get it fixed.

Jun 20, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

What? You are saying my screen digitizer failed, and that failure involves typing out actual words ? In some of the cases I switched apps to see if it had something to do with a single app or was happening consistently. At first, it was only within a certain app. But then after switching apps there was no issue typing. Switching back, it was still there typing. Then I witnessed them close that app and open another. I saw them repeatedly try to type in passcodes to things which failed. If the screen digitizer is an advanced AI with autonomy, then I might need to reconsider. Otherwise it appears to be a human with remote access. Access I never granted.

How do I stop remote unauthorized access to my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.