You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app - Cardio Fitness

Why is my workout at the gym with my heart rate going as high as 120 during a 60 minute session less important to my cardio fitness than a 1.75 mile walk?

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 4:05 PM

The short answer: because that's the way Apple designed the watch.

The longer answer: Walking or running tend to be continuous activities. Whatever you were doing in the gym may not be. It's probably a lot easier and more accurate to get information from continuous activities.

5 replies

Jun 23, 2022 9:34 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I agree with the short answer. That was clear to me before I raised the question. Still frustrating. My gym workout is way more stress on my heart and body than my walk ever is. All on flat ground, not particularly fast - 21 minutes per mile. I used to be able to do 15-16 minutes per mile. At 82 years of age, I am happy with 21 minutes/mile. Ran 5 miles any beginning at age 40. At age 60 I began walking 5 miles a day. Due to back injury a year ago my walking is more limited, 1.7 miles/day.

Health app - Cardio Fitness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.