You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a faulty restoration iPad was in a bootloop all night and in the morning cant turn it back on and when plugged in charger nothing happens

I reset all settings in my iPad and before that I took a backup using iTunes, I was trying to restore the backup to the iPad from iTunes but the iPad was disconnected from the laptop by accident and it went into a bootloop so I put it into recovery mode and try to reset and update it from iTunes and till morning it the reset and update will be complete but the laptops charger wasn't plugged in so some time during night laptop's battery was dead in the morning iPad was in bootloop again it rebooted a couple of times until it went off I tried turning it back on it didn't worked then I tried charging it from computer and 12W adapter nothing happened and it still wont turn back on.

I guess during the restoration process when laptops battery died iPad went back to bootloop from recovery mode and had been rebooting all night long I don't know if hardware is damaged or its a software problem.

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:39 AM

As described, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and assist with recovery:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 4:39 AM in response to hameed281

As described, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad - and assist with recovery:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

After a faulty restoration iPad was in a bootloop all night and in the morning cant turn it back on and when plugged in charger nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.