You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes locked bug

Hello, every some time the notes app requested me to put in my passwords whenever i want to enter a locked note and then come back to being touch ID. but after a while of not accessing my locked notes and the touch ID being gone, my passwords have stopped working on all of my locked notes. i went and searched online for every solution, finding none, and changed my password both on my icloud user, my apple user, my phone and gmail passwords on the notes. all of my notes are through the icloud user, which i have changed it's password but nothing seems to work. even when resetting the passwords/changing them, access is not being granted to these locked notes. i have tried many times and after many days and nothing seemed to work. there's also nothing about this problem on support or other websites. please, help would be much appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 5:33 AM

review this link:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you forget the password for your locked notes, you will not be able to access them without the correct password. There is no way to circumvent that. You did not need to change all your apple credentials and certainly not gmail credentials if these are iCloud notes. None of that has any bearing on the locked notes password.

Resetting the password for your locked notes does not change the password for previously locked notes, it only resets the password for notes you lock in the future.

Using Touch ID to unlock your notes is just a convenience shortcut, it does not replace the password and you cannot forget the password.

If you guess the wrong password for your locked notes, it should present you with the password hint that you hopefully set when you created the password. If not, you can just keep guessing, it won't lock you out.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 5:33 AM in response to Guri02

review this link:

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you forget the password for your locked notes, you will not be able to access them without the correct password. There is no way to circumvent that. You did not need to change all your apple credentials and certainly not gmail credentials if these are iCloud notes. None of that has any bearing on the locked notes password.

Resetting the password for your locked notes does not change the password for previously locked notes, it only resets the password for notes you lock in the future.

Using Touch ID to unlock your notes is just a convenience shortcut, it does not replace the password and you cannot forget the password.

If you guess the wrong password for your locked notes, it should present you with the password hint that you hopefully set when you created the password. If not, you can just keep guessing, it won't lock you out.

notes locked bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.