You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to retrieve a deleted text message from my iPhone.

hi there, i need to retrieve a deleted text message from my iPhone. I have iCloud but I don't seem to be able to restore messages from yesterday. Can you help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 12:31 PM

one thing to check quick..

navigate to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, is the switch for Messages turned ON?

If so, your messages are not included in your iPhone backups

Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 22, 2022 12:09 PM in response to losttexts

Sorry, but they are gone, if the phone was backing up to iCloud.

Apple is really serious when they ask if you want to delete the conversation.

It's a total shot in the dark, but if you have been backing up the phone to your Mac......AND.......the Mac has been backing up to another hard drive using the Time Machine application......it might be possible to try to find a record of the backup that might contain the messages.

Even if the backup can be found though, you will have to restore all the data on the phone to the time when the backup was made, so you lose any data on the phone since the time of the backup.

I need to retrieve a deleted text message from my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.