You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t the ringtone I chose in settings play when i have a incoming call?

I see the ringtone in settings. I choose the ringtone and it plays correctly. I receive a call and my ringtone doesn’t play. I go check the settings. Settings has the ringtone selected I want to use yet it does not play on incoming calls?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:57 PM

"Why won’t the ringtone I chose in settings play when i have a incoming call?: I see the ringtone in settings. I choose the ringtone and it plays correctly. I receive a call and my ringtone doesn’t play. I go check the settings. Settings has the ringtone selected I want to use yet it does not play on incoming calls?"

-------

Troubleshooting Ringtone Issues:

A. Start Here: Use Tones and Ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Add Back the App:

If this was created using an app, then reinstall the app. If it currently is installed, then uninstall it, and then re-download it form the App Store. If it Is not installed, then install it.

C. Contact the App Developer:

If this was created using an app, then contact the App Developer. You'll likely find their Contact Us info in the App's site of the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2022 6:57 PM in response to Damitusername

"Why won’t the ringtone I chose in settings play when i have a incoming call?: I see the ringtone in settings. I choose the ringtone and it plays correctly. I receive a call and my ringtone doesn’t play. I go check the settings. Settings has the ringtone selected I want to use yet it does not play on incoming calls?"

-------

Troubleshooting Ringtone Issues:

A. Start Here: Use Tones and Ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Add Back the App:

If this was created using an app, then reinstall the app. If it currently is installed, then uninstall it, and then re-download it form the App Store. If it Is not installed, then install it.

C. Contact the App Developer:

If this was created using an app, then contact the App Developer. You'll likely find their Contact Us info in the App's site of the App Store.

Why won’t the ringtone I chose in settings play when i have a incoming call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.