You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and IMessage Photos Both taking up space (duplication?)

Hello,

I recently started using ICloud and have regretted it ever since. When I synced up my devices (IPhone and IPad) a bunch of old pictures I deleted from Imessage came back on my devices. I can’t delete a lot of the pictures at think because they had comments on them. Another odd thing is the pictures are taking up storage under IMessage and Photos. My ipad has 57 photos and 13 videos (short) and it shows I have 27 GB of photos under storage. Has anyone had this problem? I have the same problem on my phone although I do have more pictures but not the amount of GB it says. I’ve already looked for solutions about deleting pics and that seems like a lost cause. For those out there who do not use ICloud don’t do it!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:18 PM

Hello,

Please Contact - Official Apple Support.

1 reply

Photos and IMessage Photos Both taking up space (duplication?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.