You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Squares with text apoear and disappear on press.

In recent versions of iOS - I have 15.5 on my iPhone 12pro- an opaque square materializes on press, in some situations. The square has the text name of the press function. It appears then disappears,, instantly. If it’s a feature, I’d like to turn it off.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:43 AM

4 replies

Jun 24, 2022 11:52 AM in response to Pogdaddle

Hello, Pogdaddle.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

To help clarify, are you doing this on any apps? Is the opaque square you're referring to Quick Actions as shown here? Perform quick actions on iPhone - Apple Support

Perform quick actions from the Home Screen and App Library

On the Home Screen and in App Library, touch and hold apps to open quick actions menus.
The Home Screen blurred, with the Camera quick actions menu showing below the Camera app.

If this isn't the case, let us know in more detail about the behavior you're seeing.

Cheers!

Squares with text apoear and disappear on press.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.