You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do iPhone Safari tabs restore from a backup?

I was having an issue with my iPhone and support told me to factory reset the iPhone and restore a backup from this morning. I did, all is decently well, however; when I went into Safari, all of my opened tabs were gone. My safari history is blank; when I go into the advanced settings I can see that most of the website data says 0 bytes. In my iCloud settings Safari is, and was, toggled 'on.'

I chatted with a support Advisor who suggested turning Safari off in my iCloud settings, waiting a few minutes, turning it back on. I did this and it restored only some of the tabs– some new, some old.

Is there a way to restore ALL of the tabs? If I'm restoring my phone to a backup from this morning, I just assumed that the tabs would be part of that; seeing how I also have the iCloud setting on. And if they can't be restored–which I think would be insane; why wouldn't they warn you about that, or why wouldn't tabs and history be saved and restored like everything else?–then how do I prevent this in the future? I'll get a new iPhone at some point, will need to wipe the old and restore the new using a backup. I have hundreds of tabs for work– going through and bookmarking each one seems crazy.

Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:03 PM

1 reply

Do iPhone Safari tabs restore from a backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.