You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud Re: email question

Hi, I have my account set up for icloud but not all my other email accounts are icloud, am I still able to sync my other devices with my emails? Hope this makes sense! TIA!

iMac

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:03 AM

The Apple ID signed in Mac system preferences is example1@icloud.com the other mail accounts are added in Mac system preferences > internet account see the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support

The other devices like iPhone / iPad or a different Mac should be signed in with same Apple ID say example1@icloud.com to sync the mail data Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Connect both ( Mac and iPhone ) with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2022 12:03 AM in response to Leisa77

The Apple ID signed in Mac system preferences is example1@icloud.com the other mail accounts are added in Mac system preferences > internet account see the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support

The other devices like iPhone / iPad or a different Mac should be signed in with same Apple ID say example1@icloud.com to sync the mail data Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Connect both ( Mac and iPhone ) with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

icloud Re: email question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.