You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought my Mini Mac this week and I went into QuickTime player and there is no microphone. I then went to System preferences and privacy and to microphone but noting is listed as an app to select.

I just bought my Mini Mac this week and I went into QuickTime player and there is no microphone. I then went to System preferences and privacy then microphone but noting is listed as an app to select.

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 9:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 6:27 AM

The Mac mini has no microphone. As with the keyboard, mouse and display you have to provide a microphone. There are many USB and Blu-Tooth mics to choose from. A WebCam is a good choice as most of them have a mic included.

Similar questions

1 reply

I just bought my Mini Mac this week and I went into QuickTime player and there is no microphone. I then went to System preferences and privacy and to microphone but noting is listed as an app to select.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.