You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos taking up too much storage

so, i have 19.6k photos but in my storage it shows it's taking up 70gb. i don't know why, and i've tried everything but nothing seems to help. any advice?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 3:13 PM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2022 11:10 PM in response to destroymya

Please check you camera setting, what format are you using?

About Apple ProRes on iPhone 13 Pro - Apple Support (OM)

iPhone 13 can capture great photo, but the files can also get very big.

If you want to save space you should go with "High Efficiency" all other selections should be off.

This is sufficient for most user, but some need higher quality and they pay with bigger files.

Are you using iCloud?

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support (OM)

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › en-us

Store your photos and videos in iCloud

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

Yes unfortunately you have to pay for iCloud, if you need more than 5GB.

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

Ralf

photos taking up too much storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.